Monday, August 4, 2008

Thankful

I get so caught up in daily happenings that sometimes I forget to be thankful for where I am in my life and what I have. Today, I took a minute to step back and really see what I have and how blessed I am. I am married to my best friend, who could ask for anything more. Matt is the most wonderful father to our kids. We have two healthy, unruly, good kids who sometimes give us more than we think we can handle but that's what being a parent is all about. We're pregnant with twins due in December. Someone must think that we're good parents to bless us with two more! I have come a long way...I have grown and matured in ways I never thought I would. I attribute that to being a parent also. Kids do funny thing to you. Things you never thought you would see yourself do or say. I used to say, I'll never say "xyz" that my parents said to me, and I find myself saying it! I never dreamt of driving a minivan...here I am, a minivan driving, toddler toting Mommy. I never thought that sleep deprivation and sheer exhaustion would be so rewarding. I guess you truly never know what being a parent is like until you are one. I thought that I knew what love was when I married Matt, and I do love him. It's just a different kind of love. Again, it's something I never would have believed before I had kids - that there was a more powerful love out there than the love that I have for my husband. I guess it all comes down to life being about constant growth...to never think that you have it all figured out. Being humble is important. I'm thankful that I'm 27 and not 21...thankful that I'm 27 and not 17...

No comments: