Thursday, February 7, 2008

D-day approaches

Today is the last day that Matt will have off until the end of the month because of his turn around at work. I hate these things. They happen twice a year and they suck. Last time he was on nights, now at least he's on days. I'm trying to not think about it today and have it ruin my day.
I found out last night that we have a 'family function' to go to on Sunday. I hate how my Mom's side of the family always announces a get together less than a week in advance and when you say that you can't make it because God forbid you have another obligation, you get put in front of the firing squad. This time I can go and am going to even though I really don't want to for many reasons, but the main one is because Evan will fall asleep in the car on the ride home and then won't want to go to bed. I LOVE that the kids go to bed early and I can get some things done here and have some time with Matt Sunday night I bet he won't go to bed until around 9 when his usual bedtime is 7.
Yesterday Matt and I went to the Outdoors show at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg. It was a little disappointing. It wasn't what we were expecting. We are going to try to go to the Valley Forge Gun Show in March. I think it will be a little more what Matt was looking for. But we still got to do something without the kids since they were with Debbi. They've been staying there a lot lately compared to usual. I think she just wants to see them as much as she can before she moves away in April.

No comments: