Sunday, February 24, 2008

Action Packed

It's been one full weekend. Friday we played in the snow and just had a good time, relaxed a little and cleaned a little. We all really needed the day together. Saturday we decided to take our trip to Ikea. We got some more things for Grace's new bedroom. We came home, put everything together and she loved it. She thinks that she's such a big girl. I am going to take some pictures when I can and post them to show off her new room. I haven't hung the new curtains yet since I have to hem them. I haven't had a chance to. They are going to look really nice though. I am looking forward to the finished product. I still haven't decided what to do about a rug for in there. She has a hardwood floor and right now it has a cream rug that we might decide to put downstairs to replace the living room rug. I thought about putting several different color small circle rug in her room. I thought that it would look really neat but Matt doesn't like the idea. I don't want to invest a ton of money in a rug so I'll have to think on what to do. So last night Grace slept all night long in her big girl bed!!! She didn't get out at all and slept until 6 this morning and then still didn't get out of her bed, she called for me to come in and as soon as I opened the door she got a huge pride filled smile on her face! It was adorable. She was sooo proud of herself. We took her to Friendly's this morning for a special breakfast for being such a big girl. She loved it!! She got a pancake with a smiley face on it, she thought it was the coolest! She's napping in her big girl bed right now. I kind of thought that nap time would be the hardest to get her to sleep in it but she's out like a light. She looks so small all snuggled down in her bed. I have to admit that I cried a little bit, not much, last night when she went to sleep in her bed. I can't believe that she is so "grown up". Pretty soon it will be Evan's turn. I hated hearing my parents say it but here I am, Where does the time go?! Last night Doug and Nichole came over to hang out. It was fun. I was a little worried since I didn't know what I would talk to Nichole about but it was fun. Something different. I think if we hang out with them more, we could be 'friends' and have a good time. It's a little hard since we have kids and they don't, in regards to actually doing something other than eating and watching a movie or whatever but it was still fun. I know Matt misses his brothers and liked that he got to hang out with Doug. Nichole got tattoos for her birthday and we got talking about tattoos last night. Matt really wants to get his tattoo...he just can't find where he wants to go to have it done. He's been talking about it forever. I just want him to pick somewhere and i'll buy it for him for our anniversary and his birthday. We'll see. He gave me a list of what he would like for his birthday and there's a lot to choose from! I better stop yapping and go do something productive.

;)

No comments: