Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Our Day...

My sister is an avid scrapbooker, and on some design teams for scrapbooking sites. They always post challenges and silly little things to do and questions to answer. One of her blogs recently was on what her day is like. I thought I would steal that idea and write one of my own....So what our typical day at home is like is as follows....Usually we are all up by 5:30am. We come downstairs and Grace gets to watch something silly on TV, there's not much to choose from at that hour but it gives me a chance to get my act together. Next it's breakfast and then playing for a little bit. After the kids seem into playing I sneak off to get a shower, Evan sits in the pack and play while I shower. After I shower, it's time for everyone to get dressed and get ready for the day. Next we clean up all the dishes from breakfast and start a load of laundry, I try keep up on the laundry so that I only have one load to do a day. (That wasn't the case this weekend!) Now, depending on the weather, we will go for a walk around town and maybe to the playground if it's nice. If not I try to do something 'artsy' in the morning, Grace loves stickers and markers so lately that's what we've been doing but she also loves to string beads to make necklaces and paint. I'm trying to find washable stamps so that she can do that because i'm sure she'd love it. While she's 'crafting' I usually read with Evan while i'm helping her. He's so eager to get in on the action! Pretty soon! Once Grace is finished, they both go play in the living room while I clean everything up. Next is lunch , and after lunch we usually read books before it's nap time at 1pm. When they're up from their naps, lately around 2:30/3:00, we have a snack and play upstairs for a little while before it's bath time and then back downstairs for playing/tv while I make dinner. After dinner, we go back upstairs and play and read until it's time for bed at 7. So, in a nutshell, that's what we do when we're staying at home all day. I know if you've made it this far your bored to tears but I wanted to post a blog and didn't have anything else really to talk about!!

No comments: