Monday, January 21, 2008

Frigid...

It's so darn cold outside! It makes me want to just stay inside all day and hide from the cold. But I don't think I can do that today since I have some errands to do and coupons to use before they expire tomorrow. We are going to buy another carseat at Babies R Us so that we will have 2 in each car. Right now we have 3, so that means only Grace can ride in Matt's Jeep. I don't like being stuck without any way to leave when Matt takes the truck to work so we're getting Grace a modified booster seat for the truck and moving her old seat into the Jeep for Evan. I decided on the booster thing since it still has a 5 pt harness and will hold her until she doesn't need a car seat or booster anymore. I don't want to spend the money but I think it will be worth it.

Matt put my sewing table together the other night, I love it! I can't wait to get started! I organized everything yesterday but didn't find the time to do anything. I hope I can use it today at some point. I do need to go get more thread though, the outfit that i'm making for Grace needs pink and I don't have any that matches. I also need to find a table cloth to throw over the table when it's folded so that it just looks like a decorative table in the corner of the dining rm.

Matt just found out his turnaround at work starts Feb 9th and should end the 22nd I think. That means he will be working everyday during that time. He's still unsure which shift he's going to be on. Last time he was on nights; I don't know which is worse, days or nights. When he's on nights, he can see the kids in the middle of the day for a little bit, usually around 2 hours. When he's on days, he only sees them for about half an hour before they go to bed. But, then I get to see him at night, selfish -- I know. It gets lonely sometimes though, I'm here all the time with the kids by myself and at night I like to talk to an adult. I have been staying at home a lot more lately b/c we're trying to save money so it's been pretty lonely.

More to say........

No comments: