Thursday, January 17, 2008

Eyes

I woke up this morning just like every other morning, I heard one of the kids waking up. Before I even opened my eyes, I could tell it was early. I listened to see which child it was, it was Evan. I was very still, almost holding my breath, to see if he was just stirring or really awake. He was awake. I wrenched my eyes open and alas, it was 4:58am. I went in his room and there his is, standing in his crib, talking and smiling. He was ready for the day. It's sooo cute to see him so happy to just be awake and to see me, but a little less cute at that hour. I took him in my room so I could get dressed and we came downstairs, knowing full well that just by the look of him, putting him back to sleep just wasn't an option. So, needless to say, i'm tired. I didn't go to bed until 11:30 last night, I was cleaning and then sewing and then got sucked back into the book i'm reading and before I knew it, it was 11:30. I should have been in bed way before that since Evan fell asleep at 6:40 and Grace was in bed asleep by 10 after 7. However, I like having that time to myself at night. To get things done, do something for myself every now and then, and to spend time with Matt when he's home. (which he wasn't last night)
I'm off to cook dinner for Matt. It's his last night work until he starts day shift on Monday, then he's on 4 days and one training day and off for 6!!!!! Can't wait!

No comments: