Monday, March 10, 2008

Good Morning Monday

The kids slept in this morning, but I think just because of not being adjusted to the time change. We will see. We went to Walmart this morning and the kids were pretty good. Grace started screaming that she didn't want to go into the store when we were walking in the parking lot but she shaped up when we got to the doors, thank goodness b/c there were things that I needed to get at the store. Grace has definitely been going through some changes lately. She has been slowly getting better though. I had to try some new 'tricks' with her and they seem to be working. I think part of it is my fault. I have been trying to treat her like a big girl and she's responding to it so well. I think maybe I wasn't giving her enough credit. Only time will tell.

On a different topic...Grudges. I have been trying not to hold grudges. Just take everyday as it comes. There are people around me though, that just can't seem to let go. It's like the have a scorecard that they write everything down on. It's frustrating. I don't think I want to be around these people anymore. Don't judge someone until you walk a mile in their shoes. I'm not saying anything about anyone else.....this is just about me. I have 2 kids, 16 months apart. A husband who works in Jersey, works 12 hour days, and swing shifts. Our schedules are CRAZY! In order to have any type of order in my house I have to keep my kids on a schedule. When they're not on it, we have complete chaos. From the moment Evan was born we strived to get the kids on the same nap and bedtimes. They are now and that's the only way that I have any sanity. I get about 1-2 hours every afternoon (God willing) to get things done, pay bills, clean, do laundry, prep dinner, make phone calls, set up craft time...etc. If I didn't have that, I would be up until 2 am trying to do it all. Just because we can't seem to make it to a lot of things, events, parties, helping with people moving and what not doesn't mean we don't care. It just means that in order to maintain sanity we have to say no to things. It took me a long time to be able to say no. Some things I say yes to just don't happen. And I end up feeling guilty because of it but it is what it is. Like I said, walk a mile in my shoes and maybe you will understand. I'm a happier me when I say no to some things and not push my family to the brink just to please everyone else. I'm again not saying that I have a tough life, but it's trying sometimes. This is what works for us. Some days I think that having someone else care for your kids and 'stimulate' them while you are working would be easier. They could think of and set up crafts and painting and playtime, sing songs, play games, teach letters and numbers. And when you get them at the end of the day, you can hear all about their day, know that they were taught something and then just be able to snuggle with them, make them dinner, bath, books and bed. Some days that is appealing to me. Most it's not......I guess it's just whatever works for you. Just don't judge me OR hold a grudge against me. Life is too short.

Have a nice day.

No comments: