Thursday, March 27, 2008

Busy Days!

I haven't been posting a lot lately. Things have been very busy lately. I usually take time to blog when the kids are napping in the afternoon. Grace has pretty much decided that she is not napping anymore. We all went for a walk last night and ran into friends of ours. Molly mentioned that Emily isn't sleeping any more either. I 'jumped' on her to say that Grace isn't either. I felt bad after I said it because I try to not be that way but it was such a relief in a way to hear that someone else is going through it. It's trying at times to have to be patient with repeatedly putting Grace back in bed all the time. I have felt like i'm the only one dealing with it and no one else understands and when she said she was going through it, it made me feel 'normal' almost. I know that sounds odd but I feel isolated sometimes because i'm just with the kids by myself all the time. They are coming over on Saturday and I can't wait. I just hope that I can contain myself to not keep saying, "Grace is doing that", all the time. I hate hearing that when i'm talking about something and I hate doing it to other people. (This probably isn't making much sense.) When I said something to my Mom about Grace not napping she keeps saying that kids stop napping around this time, and I understand that however Grace needs to nap. She won't make it until bedtime without a nap. I just don't know how to make her take a nap short of laying down in her bed with her and sleeping also which isn't an option.
We have been out and about every day this week and today will be no exception. I am trying to get everything ready for the 2 parties that i'm planning. The one party is insanely small but something that I really want to do. I just feel pressure when picking out gifts for other people. I always want them to like what I give them, yet I always find myself giving the receipt in case they don't like they can return it and get something they do like. Evan's party is coming quickly and I've only gotten 2 rsvp's so far. I purposely made his party small so that the kids can have fun and it won't be so stressful. We've missed a lot of things lately especially since Matt has been working at Valero so i'm guessing a lot of people won't come to Evan's party since we missed their parties. Eye for an eye I guess. I understand that though. Life is busy. People have things to do. My new thinking on going to "events" is go if you want to. Don't go just to go and then look likeyou don't want to be there. Kwim? Sometimes that doesn't always happen for us like that. In the case of Reese's 3rd birthday party and Emily's 2nd, things just didn't happen in our favor. I guess that's life with 2 small kids.

I better go.

No comments: