Saturday, September 20, 2008

Waiting for October

I cannot wait for October!! Matt only works about 12 days in October which includes 1 week off in the beginning of the month and 1 week off at the end and then 1 week off at the beginning of November. Thank goodness too because September is just awful!!! Matt was supposed to be back on regular schedule now after the turn-around but they screwed everyone again and scheduled training for Monday and Tuesday so now he works Monday instead of having off. All in all I think he has worked every day except 2 or 3 through the 26th of this month. I'm tired, he's tired,and the kids are missing him a lot. But I would rather him be doing this now and NOT in November when the babies are going to come. He unfortunately won't have much "resting" time when he's off in October though since he will be working his butt off to try to finish the attic in time for the babies to be born.

Today I'm taking the kids to my Mom and Dad's house to play with Megan, Seth & Ellie. I hope that it's fun. It's usually hit or miss with the girls playing and now throw Evan into the mix with no nap and it might get dicey! lol We will see. At least I can get the kids out of the house for the day.

I have to go shopping this week at some point. I'm trying to get everything set up for the hospital and then Grace's birthday and Christmas and I'm so far behind. I need to go shopping without the kids so that I can get presents purchased but it's just hard to find someone to watch them sometimes.

Matt's Grandpa is being moved to a rehabilitation facility in Altoona and when he's finished treatment there he will hopefully be moved back to the VA hospital. I hope everything starts calming down now with him. It's been scary this last week and I worry about Matt but also about Debbi.

No comments: