Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sober

It's really sobering to wake up with a headache so bad that you can hardly move without wincing to remind you that Mom's don't get sick days. And this Mom definitely doesn't get sick days when her husband has worked 23 out of the last 25 days. Both Matt and I are ready to collapse, for different reasons. For him, it's from getting up at 3 am, driving an hour and a half, working a 12 hour + shift, driving an hour and a half home, and doing it all over again with every other night adding that he stops at the gym for about an hour and 15 minutes on his way home. For me, I'm mentally exhausted, being pretty much alone with the kids all day every day has really taken it's toll on my sanity. I have already reserved my special padded room for when he's finally off of this shut down and back on shift again. Speaking of the shut down, Matt has been the upgrade boss during most of the shut down and I'm so proud of him. Yesterday he handled bringing the unit back up to running and did awesome! I'm such a proud wife! ;)
Today is a field trip to a train museum for Grace, and I'm taking Evan with us. To be truthful, I do not want to go, I remember going when I was a kid and it was boring then...I can only imagine how bored the 4 and 5 year olds are going to be and what destruction they can get into...

No comments: