Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SIGN!

We officially have the "hot air balloon sign", as the kids call it, in the front garden advertising our house for sale. We haven't signed all of the paperwork yet, I have to go over everything with Matt and then drop it off at our Realtors office. I have to choose a day to officially list the house in the MLS system for it to go out to all of the people searching for houses through other agents. I'm not quite ready for it yet, I have to get the closets cleaned out with winter clothes packed up and replaced with spring/summer things, some furniture removed from the living room/dining room, and the basement cleaned up. I hope to have it done by the end of the week, and for the house to be listed in the system no later than next Monday.
Yesterday I spent a lot of time cleaning and scrubbing the front porch to get the green moss off of it. I also washed off the entire front of the house. Matt power sanded and painted the basement door. I have to get mulch still to mulch the Gardens and around the big tree in the back yard.
The Realtor really wants us to put some money into the back bathroom but I don't know that it's worth it. For there to really be a difference to people, we would need to invest no less than $1,000.

No comments: