Monday, May 25, 2009

Craziness

The days here just keep whizzing by! I honestly don't know where the time is going. To think that Madeline and Leah are now over 6 months old just blows my mind. Pretty soon I'll be planning Grace's first day of preschool, then Halloween, and then the twins 1st birthday party and Grace's 4th birthday! And to think that people tell me all the time that time really doesn't start flying by until the kids are in school. If that's truly the case then I'm going to be 6 ft under before I even know what hit me. This weekend has been an interesting one to say the least. Matt had to work all weekend on night shift so I haven't been doing any real Memorial Day festivities like most people. We probably would have gone to the mountains if Matt had been at home, however his Mom and Rob are down here today through Wednesday. Speaking of the mountains, I'm scared for Grandma. Her chemo treatments seem to be catching up to her and she's been feeling worse and worse. Thankfully she only has 6 treatments left. I pray that the weeks go quickly for her.
Back to things being so crazy...I feel like I've been neglecting everyone and not being a very good friend. I can make all of the excuses in the world but it really doesn't take much time to send a 30 second email just to say hi and that I've been busy. There is a first birthday party coming up for my best friend's son and I'm trying to work up the courage to go to it alone with the 4 kids. Matt is on day shift that weekend so it would just be me. It's times like that that I still don't have it down to a science of how to go out alone. But I am getting better at it, and if things start to head south, we will just bow out as quickly and painlessly as we can. I guess part of my problem is that I hate to have other people see me "sweat" because of the kids. Especially since, believe it or not, I have things under control and have found ways to go out and actually have fun. I know that's hard to believe but it's true. I actually had my neighbor say to me yesterday that she doesn't understand how I have all of my kids "so under control all of the time". I wasn't too sure how to respond to that but I guess it was a compliment. She has also told me that I always seem to "have it together". With that comment I am starting to think that she might have mental challenges...

No comments: