Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas gives me hives

Yesterday was bad. It started out bad and just kept getting worse throughout the day. Nothing major, just little bad somethings all through the day. It started with a really sleepless early morning with the twins. I maybe got 3 hours of sleep if I'm lucky. I finally got out of bed at 5am and came downstairs to check my email before the big kids got out of bed. Low and behold Speedy Gonzales got a ticket on his way to work. 50 in a 35. Um, yea. I'm so thrilled at this point. What cop is out running radar at 3am??!! Then it's time for me to go to BJ's and buy diapers and formula. I started the car to let it warm up a little before venturing out into the arctic and came back in the house where I was promptly distracted by something else. I then spent the next 5 minutes searching for my keys which I can never ever find when I realize, "you dumb ass, they're IN the car -- remember!??!" I guess that's what lack of sleep will do to a person?! I make my way to BJ's and cannot find a parking space - anywhere! I usually park out in the boonies but there wasn't even a spot out there! After I hike to the store, elbow people out of the way to make my way back to the diaper aisle I get the lovely task of waiting in a 20 minute line just to get to the front of it and realize that my membership expired 3 days ago!!! Ahh. I get out of line just to stand in another line to renew my membership. And then get to repeat the 20 minute wait to checkout. Once I get home, Evan went down for his nap easily just like usual. An hour and a half later I went upstairs to wake the little man and open the door to find that he had pooped, reached into his diaper and pulled out a prize. I guess that just wasn't enough so he decided to Jackson Pollock the wall and inside of his crib to the best of his ability. Oh yes. Lucky, lucky me. And now to add the perfect end to the perfect day, I went to bed last night after watching a very sad Little People, Big World feeling slightly itchy which I thought was just dry skin. About two hours later I am covered head to toe in huge red hives that are either a result of stress or the herbs I was taking to try to increase my breast milk supply, since I just can't seem to keep up with the girls nursing needs (hence the trip to BJ's to buy formula!).
I was so in the Christmas spirit yesterday. I hope today is better.

No comments: