Friday, December 18, 2009

Where's my manual?

Grace has been particularly challenging lately. The back talk, tantrums, and anger are getting so bad I just don't know what to do. We tried ignoring her all the time when she throws a tantrum or whines and only responding to her when she calms down and talks like a 'big girl'. It just doesn't seem to be working. I'm hoping that things are going to get worse before they get better. I'm hoping that we're going to enter the upswing of this really really soon. I want to think that she is just pushing even harder to get a reaction out of Matt and I hence the worsening behavior and that she will soon realize that she needs to behave to get attention and get more of 'her way'. Why can't these kids come with a manual? Seriously though, my car had a light come on on the dash so I got out the manual, read what the light meant and how to fix it. Boom, done. If only it were that easy. Motherhood, the hardest job I'll ever have and love.

1 comment:

chillingurl said...

Im not expert on parenting, but I think your doing an excellent job! I'm sure Grace has hit a speed bump, and i'm sure she will get over it. She really is a good girl, and is really great with people. When we were at the outerbanks, my parents said she is a sweet heart, and a good entertainer. They were surprised at how well she held a conversation with them also. Look at the positives, cause she has a TON of them. Those minor things don't look as bad next to all her good qualitys. If you ever need a hand, and a Mommy and Grace day, I would be happy to babysit. I'm getting bored of being at home, and looking for a job, so you better get me while im available! See you Christmas!!