Sunday, March 21, 2010

whirlwind

We are meeting with the Realtor again tomorrow to sign the papers to list the house. I'm excited and nervous. I'm nervous about the house not selling and about it selling too quickly! If someone buys the house using the current tax credit, the contract must be signed by April 30th and settlement needs to happen before June 30th. Matt works the entire month of June without a day off for a turn-around at work. How are we supposed to make settlement and move if he's working?! Maybe I should start begging and bribing people now! I guess we will just have to cross that bridge when we get to it. I want to take our time finding the perfect house, but would feel pressure if we sold quickly. On the other hand, I don't want the house to sit on the market for months and months. Ideally I would like to be moved into another house by July. We will just have to wait an see I guess. I really don't want to live in this house for another summer.
Debbi came down on Friday so that Matt and I could go out for our anniversary. We really needed a day out! We went to the Franklin Institute to see the Body Worlds exhibit. We were then supposed to go out to get something to eat but I ended up sick and in bed for the next 12 hours. I'm feeling better now and am thankful that it was just a 24 hour thing but it's going to run through the house I'm sure, as it always does.
Matt worked night shift last night even though he was supposed to be off for 7 days. We could use the extra cash right now though so it's not so bad. I don't want to answer the phone now though until Friday night because we need this time of him being off to finish up the things around the house before we have to show it next week. We're replacing some of the old wood on the back porch, planting some things and mulching the front garden, and am going to try to finish matching the faux paint on the walls up the stairs where the baby gate damaged the wall.

No comments: