Monday, November 23, 2009

Birthday Party!

Evan taking a spin in one of the Bumble Bees! Matt holding Madeline and Me holding Leah while they destroy their cakes!

Grace with her princess cake!! I can't believe she's 4!

Madeline (L) and Leah taking a spin in their Bumble Bees from Nana and Pop!






We had a birthday party for all 3 girls on Saturday at my parents house. Everyone had a blast! Once again everyone was more than generous and we came home with 2 car loads of gifts! I'm not sure where we're going to put Christmas presents this year. I guess we need a bigger house! Grace had an amazing princess cake that she just loved! Madeline and Leah had an ice cream cake and two small cakes for them to destroy! I can't wait for Christmas - we are going to have a blast this year!!! I keep praying that Matt will have Christmas off so he can be with us for the first time on Christmas in 2 years.
Madeline is walking around like she's been doing it forever now, and Leah will walk if you really encourage her to but she would still much rather crawl. I cannot believe that Grace will turn 4 on the 30th. I'm sad that Matt won't be home since he will be hunting but we will just have to deal with it. I'm so torn about him going away. I really want him to since he hasn't been hunting in so long and I would love for him to have the time away to just relax and be with the other guys on the mountain. But I'm selfish. I look so forward to his week off every month for family time AND for a sanity saver for me. It's hard to go day in and day out with 4 kids and not really talk to any other adults since most other people we know live normal lives working M-F and spending time with their families on the weekend. And especially this week off I could use to shop and try to get ready for Christmas since he won't have another long stretch off until the day after Christmas. Also, his company is supposed to be bringing down some units (or all units depending on who you ask) and he could get forced to work overtime during December. It's really hard to go shopping for Christmas presents from Santa with 4 kids in tow.
Matt's first step in the interview process for another job went really well on Saturday. There are approximately 600-700 people applying for 10 positions. We will just have to wait and see if he is chosen to move on to the next phase of interviewing. Valero closed down permanently the refinery in Delaware City last week. I feel just awful for the 500 men and women who are now unemployed. They showed up for work and the Delaware State Police were there blocking the entrance to the refinery. It's just awful. Luckily between the severance packages offered and the amount of unemployment available now it isn't as bad as it could be - but try telling that to the guys who are out of a job right before Christmas.



No comments: