Wednesday, November 25, 2009

$100

I took the kids with me today to the Carter's Outlet near us, and the place was deserted. I was surprised. I know it's not Black Friday but with 50% off the entire store plus coupons for 20% off of that AND $10 off $50 or more I couldn't pass up the chance to get the last of the winter PJ's for the kids and some sweat pants for Evan. We left spending $100 on only things we needed and saved a BUNDLE! I could see the traffic volume increasing though when we left compared to when we got there, I feel bad for those travelling home from work during the evening rush, Matt and Mom being 2 of those unlucky people.

I'm trying not to be bummed about Matt not being home with us on Thanksgiving but it's just not the same. And no matter how you look at it, it sucks. I know it's the sacrifice we make to allow me to stay at home with the kids but it doesn't make it any easier when the Holiday comes and he's not here. At least this year we *hope* that he's home for Christmas. He has worked the past 2 Christmas' so it will be wonderful to have him home.

I'm still not looking forward to him going hunting since I have so much to do and need some help to get it done. However - I'll do the best that I can. Part of me wishes that I had a "hunting trip" to go on and just hang out and relax for a few days. But I don't, and won't since I cannot leave the kids with Matt because quite frankly I think he would crumble under the pressure. He's an amazing Father and does great with the kids but being alone with everyone demanding everything from him for more than a few hours at a time...I'm not so sure that's his cup of tea. And since I know how hard it can be, if I did leave I would spend the entire time feeling guilty so it probably wouldn't be fun anyway. Sad, I know.

No comments: