Sunday, May 30, 2010

Not according to plan

Nothing ever goes according to plan when you have 4 small children. I have learned to accept it. This weekend has been one such example...
On Friday I cleaned and tried to get as much house work done as I could so that we could just do fun things on the last two days that Matt has off until July. Actually, that's not true now, OSHA passed a new law that states that you cannot work more than 14 days in a row without a day off so I think Matt has June 13th off. It's not a lot, but at least it's something! Saturday was Grace's big recital! My parents, Matt's parents, and my Grandparents all came and Grace did wonderfully! She was beyond cute and loved every minute of performing in front of an entire college auditorium of people. I am so proud of her and love seeing just how proud she is of herself! I am glad that I don't have to drive her to ballet every Tuesday afternoon now but I'm also sad because I'm going to miss some of the other Mom's, especially Donna and Dawn. I hope we end up getting together over the summer like we said. We were supposed to leave the recital and go to our best friend's House Warming/Son's 2nd birthday but we never made it. I wanted to at least pop in and say hello but it just wasn't in the cards.
Today I was going to go cruise around in the Jeep with the top off but it didn't end up working out that way. Matt and my Dad ended up working on it for the majority of the day and I played with the kids in my parents yard. I was hoping to get a little alone time to mentally prepare myself for all of the quality alone time that I'm going to be spending with the kids this coming month but that just didn't go according to plan either.
Our house situation isn't going according to our plan either. Hopefully things will turn around soon. I just read an article in the Sunday paper about how real estate sales are increasing in this area so that gives me some hope.
Nothing seems to be going according to our plan, I just need to believe that it's all part of His plan.

No comments: