Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Catch Up

We are still trying to sell our house and I'm tired of it. We just had another showing yesterday but haven't heard anything yet. We found out that the couple that looked at our house twice ended up buying one a few streets over, huge bummer. I hate having so much time to think about what we want in another house. I over analyze everything anyway but it's getting a little ridiculous. We want to find a house we love and take our time finding it but we're in constant limbo waiting for a buyer to come along.

Grace has her ballet recital on the 29th and I'm excited to see her perform however I'm nervous that she's going to get scared and not do it. I'm sure she wouldn't be the first.

Matt starts his next week off on Friday and I can't wait! I'm trying to keep the turn around that's looming out of my head but it's already starting to get me down. It's just so hard to keep up with being alone with the kids for a month straight. Matt is worthless when he gets home at night, and rightfully so after working a 12 hour day and adding over an hour commute each way. It feels so isolating sometimes.

We were planning on going to the mountains this weekend for a few days but now Matt is changing his mind. I'm not sure why.

Madeline and Leah are starting to talk more. They don't do it very often but when they do the words are very clear. I think that they don't talk because someone is always talking for them, usually Grace. I'm trying not to worry about it and just give them some time. I've heard that twins in general usually talk later than singletons.

I almost deleted my Facebook after some "stupid" drama that went on but decided that I like staying in touch with some select people so for the time being I'll just leave it. I hate drama. I don't need it. I have enough drama from 4 little people to last me a lifetime. Did I mention that I hate drama? I really think the whole thing is beyond stupid and should just be let go and for everyone to move on but I guess only time will tell.

I cannot get my camera to upload pictures to my computer ever since I installed some new antivirus software. I am trying to reinstall the program but it's just not working. I guess I need to find a computer savvy person to help me since I'm totally lacking in that department.

Evan is almost as tall as Grace, I think by this time next year he will be taller than she is. I cannot believe how big he has gotten. (He's grown quite the attitude also.) This too shall pass.

I have a hair appointment scheduled for the 19th and am STILL not sure what to do with my hair. I hate it the way it is but am too scared to cut it super short, and there is no in between since at least I can put it in a ponytail right now. It either has to be super short, or long.

My best friend's son is turning 2 at the end of May and I have no clue what to get him. You would think that I would be good at finding gifts for kids but since all kids are SO different I never know what to buy. I think everyone should create an Amazon Wish List to make things SO much easier! I have one and update it whenever the kids really want something or I think of a good gift so it's much easier when a birthday or holiday comes up I can just tell people to look at the list for some ideas. They don't have to buy from it but at least they will know what kinds of things the kids want.

Oh and I cannot forget Mother's Day, I got diamond earrings!! I was shocked. Truly. And they're exactly what I wanted. Super small diamond hoop earrings that hug my ear so hopefully they won't get ripped out! And Matt changed every single diaper on Mother's Day! It was glorious!! ;)

No comments: