Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back At It

I haven't had wireless internet in over a year. Sad, I know. Last night I finally got it to work! I'm hoping that being wireless will help me start blogging again.

Twice a month I usually go and get a cheap manicure. It's $30 a month and something that I look forward to doing alone. Tonight I was getting my manicure, relaxing while listening to my iPod, and all of the sudden we heard a very loud thump and felt a vibration. We looked out the window and a car had crashed into the adjoining grocery store! It was an old car that didn't have airbags and the person driving didn't seem to be moving. Luckily the fire company/ems is right around the corner and came very quickly, I hope the drive is ok. I have to say that I was a little angry that my "relaxing" manicure was interrupted by blaring sirens that they didn't turn off after they parked the fire truck.

Evan went on his first field trip today and he had an absolute blast. We went to an Amish pumpkin patch/dairy farm. He got to take a hay ride pulled by 4 mules, lead me through a corn maze and found the way all by himself. I think the maze was the best part for him because he got to decide everything. He doesn't usually get to be the "leader". Grace is usually the dominant one and Evan will follow her lead no matter how much we try to intervene and encourage him to speak up. Evan also got to pick out a pumpkin, which took him a good 10 minutes to decide on which one! He loved getting me all to himself this morning and I ate up every second.

I am trying to make sense of all of my lists of birthday gift ideas and Christmas ideas as well as take stock of what I already have purchased. I think the twins are going to get bikes for their birthdays, and Grace is getting a new bike also. I would like to get the twins a kitchen for Christmas to replace the one that was ruined, which still upsets me and makes me hate this house just a little more. Grace wants an Easy Bake Oven, a Nintendo DS Lite and a Fancy Nancy doll. Luckily my Mother In-Law found the Fancy Nancy doll on sale at the Target near her house and picked it up for me. Those aren't cheap dolls!

I need to call BounceU to see if there is an open spot on Nov 13th for Grace's birthday party. I really want to do something special for her this year. I cannot believe that she's going to be 5!

No comments: